quarta-feira, 21 de agosto de 2013

Two things remain strong in my mind: that Ayrton thought he’d won and his disappointment when he understood he hadn’t



PETER KOENE
Karter, Holland, winner

Two things remain strong in my mind: that Ayrton thought he’d won and his disappointment when he understood he hadn’t. We were in the same team – DAP – and he spoke to me afterwards, thought not much. I don’t remember if he was crying or not but he was asking everybody ‘how could this happen?’ There were three Finals: we both won one and we were both second in another. It was decided by whoever had been quickest in the timed practice won and that was me.

Ayrton was always serious, never making fun. It wasn’t so unusual to me because I was more or less the same. Many of the others were making jokes and so on. Not him and not me.

TRADUÇÃO LIVRE

PETER Koene
Karter, Holanda, vencedor

Duas coisas permanecem fortes em minha mente: que Ayrton achava que ele tinha ganhado e sua decepção quando ele entendeu que ele não tinha. Nós estávamos na mesma equipe - DAP - e ele me falou depois, não pensei muito. Eu não me lembro se ele estava chorando ou não, mas ele estava pedindo a todos "como isso pode acontecer?" Havia três Finals: ambos ganharam uma e nós dois estávamos em segundo lugar no outro. Foi decidido por quem tinha sido o mais rápido nos treinos cronometrados o venceu e que era eu.
Ayrton sempre foi sério, nunca tirando sarro. Não era tão incomum para mim, porque eu era mais ou menos o mesmo. Muitos dos outros estavam fazendo piadas e assim por diante. Nem ele e não a mim.

Um comentário:

  1. saudadessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ayrton senna do brasilllllllllllllllllllllll

    ResponderExcluir